How To Make Outback Clam Chowder
If you want to make the delicious Outback Clam Chowder, you will require all the recipes mentioned below and follow the directions provided.
Ingredients Required to make Clam Chowder
- 8 ounces sliced onions
- 8 ounces chopped carrots
- 1/2 ounce diced fresh parsley
- 4 ounces bacon, sliced
- 4 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 pounds canned sliced clams, drained
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon finely-ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup salt
- 36 ounces heavy light whipping cream
- 1 gallon milk
- 1 tablespoon shrimp base
- 12 ounces butter
- 12 ounces flour
Directions To Make Clam Chowder
- You will probably wish to minimize the quantity of each ingredient proportionately for a smaller completed item.
- Over medium heat, cook down onions, carrots, parsley and bacon for about 20 minutes. Meantime, steam potatoes for about 20 minutes, or until a little tender. Drain pipes clams and reserve 1-quart clam juice. Set aside.
- Add cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper and salt to the onion-veggie mixture. Add heavy whipping cream, milk, reserved clam juice, and shrimp base and enable to come to boil.
- In a smaller pot, melt butter and slowly include flour to form a roux. When the veggie mix is boiling, include roux and thoroughly stir. Switch off the heat and include clams. Add potatoes. Serve
After you have made this delicious meal, let us know how you found it and if you made any changes to the recipe. If you want more recipes, be sure to check out our blog and other recipe articles.